To Buy or Not to Buy
Overview: To Buy or Not to Buy – Finding Your Dream Home Online
RealEstate.com v. Realtor.com v. Trulia.com v. Yahoo! Real Estate
Amidst market fluctuation in the real estate industry, prospective home buyers continue to flock online to gather detailed information and empower themselves in the home purchase decision process.
This competitive real estate report addresses this phenomenon, identifying key differentiators between various real estate Websites, and providing best practices for increasing customer loyalty and satisfaction online. It answers the following critical questions:
- What information are buyers looking for on a real estate Website?
- What features do they need when conducting their search?
- How do consumer opinions differ between local and portal sites?
- Is there a difference in attitudes between short-term and long-term buyers?
- Which real estate Websites receive the highest levels of customer satisfaction, and which drive home purchases?
- Photos, property/neighborhood descriptions, effective search tools, and mapping are the most important features on a realty Website
- Real estate portal sites are perceived to have more listings, better selection, and neutrality; local realty sites are considered more accurate and trusted
- Realtor.com is the #1 real estate site across key metrics, including site traffic, brand recognition, property selection, search results, and home descriptions
- Trulia.com is considered the next best of the sites polled; users herald it for its innovation, ease of use, design, and helpful mapping functionality
Table of Contents
1. Report Highlights
5. Detailed Findings
6. Behavioral Analysis
7. Consumer Attitudes
8. Overall Preference
9. Task Performance
10. Best Practices
12. Contact Information
13. Appendix I – Participant Profile
14. Appendix II – Study Questionnaire