Branding and Loyalty for Online Travel Agencies
Overview: Branding and Loyalty for Online Travel Agencies
Expedia v. Orbitz v. Travelocity
As the online travel market becomes more and more competitive, many of our clients and other industry leaders are looking to understand the importance and impact of brand and loyalty on conversion. Branding and Loyalty for Online Travel Agencies addresses this need and answers the following questions:
- What are consumers looking for in an online travel experience?
- Do consumers remember and recognize a unique brand identity?
- Does loyalty exist among online travel agencies, or are consumers simply shopping on price?
- Where and how will online travel companies invest in building a brand vs. new features vs. competitive pricing strategies?
- In March 2005, more than 18.7M consumers visited Expedia.com, followed by 17.7M to Orbitz and 12.6M to Travelocity
- Select travel suppliers who made the top 15 ranking include Southwest, Delta, American Airlines, United, and NWA
- Consumers are twice as likely to prefer Expedia or Travelocity compared to Orbitz for purchasing leisure travel online
- Among Expedia and Travelocity “loyalists”, 40% are likely to switch to another site to make a purchase; Travelocity shows the highest switching behavior
- The most preferred travel tagline is: “Best Prices, Best Places, Guaranteed.” (Hotels.com)
Table of Contents
1. Report Highlights
4. Detailed Findings
5. Behavioral Analysis
6. Consumer Attitudes
7. Overall Preference
8. Task Performance
9. Customer Loyalty
10. Brand Affinity
11. Best Practices